Thursday 13 October 2011

Renovations and New Grandbabies

As I prepare for the birth of my second grand child, I have come to realize that my downstairs is old and in desperate need of some renovations.
My daughter Melody and her husband Scott, have decided to have their baby in Kelowna rather than Fort McMurray. When they come here for Christmas- Melody will stay until the birth of her son in February. Scott will come back at that time and stay until their baby boy is able to travel.

This decision set off a flurry of excited activity with my desire to make a beautiful and comfortable "home away from home" for them. I surveyed the downstairs and decided the old carpets just had to go. I also wanted to buy new beds and a crib so they could settle in (perhaps some ulterior motive on my part to encourage them back often)LOL.

As you can see my the pictures above-I have put new flooring in the rec room. The room still needs coffee tables (ordered and should be here shortly) and some flowers and decoration pieces. The large TV can't be seen in the pictures. I love the floors.

I decided that new carpets would be best for the 2 bedrooms downstairs for warmth. Because I don't have time to paint- I have decided to work with the wall color my daughter painted when she lived at home, and buy new bedding to match. Note the new faux leather queen bed and side table. Also, I will have an espresso colored crib in the room soon. The carpet is very soft to walk on and will keep my daughter, son- in- law and grandson warm.
I am doing a similar theme in the 2nd room (minus the crib) so I can have guests (you are all welcome to visit).

I am a very proud and excited Nana. I already have a grand daughter named Emily- and I love her very much and now have a crib and nice room that she can bring her mommy and daddy to for a visit. Being a Nana is the best role in the world. I look forward to having all my grandchildren visit often in Kelowna.

4 comments:

  1. Wow mom the rooms look great! I can't wait to come home and see all your hard work. Will you continue to redecorate these rooms everyday like you are still doing with the upstairs or do you think you can settle on an idea and stick with it? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- I am sure I will continue to putter as I do upstairs. There always seems to be something to do or change!! You know I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    So nice of you to renovate in preparation for our Eddie graduation party! You did know it is planned for your house...right?
    See you soon,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL-no problem...my place for grad it is...if the group wants to come!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete