Monday 29 August 2011

Home Sweet Home

This is my home. It is a comfortable 4 bedroom house that has protected and raised my daughters. There are plenty of teenage stories and secrets hidden within these walls, as well as wonderful memories of Christmases, Easters, Thanksgivings, and graduations. It is at this home that we loved and cared for our 2 precious golden retrievers and it is here that both grew older and said good-bye to us. And now that my girls have grown up and care for their own homes, I have pondered the idea of selling and down sizing to a town house or condo. However, every time I think about it I just can't seem to make the decision. The girls still come home frequently so I want to ensure I have a room for each of them and their partners. They always come home for Christmas and love to come in the summer to enjoy the Okanagan. Also, I have the most wonderful neighbours who care about me and help me with things such as shovelling my gigantic driveway and watching my home when I am away. We have had lots of laughs over the years and I consider my neighbours family. They ask about my girls often and run outside to say hello when they come home for a visit. It doesn't get more neighbourly than that!!

The next picture is of Mission Hill and is located right across the highway from me...a 2 minute drive. Most of my girls have worked there and made great money. They were given a case of wine every month...yup...to which I thoroughly enjoyed. Those were the days!! I told the girls it almost paid their keep! LOL. If you haven't been to the Okanagan you should come and certainly go to Mission Hill. It is beautiful and they do great tours and wine tasting and have the most amazing dinners and entertainment there. I took my niece to the "Summer" play in which they served wine, cheese and crackers while watching an outdoor play.

The last picture is of the Okanagan lake and is taken from my belcony. It is actually closer than the picture shows. The view is amazing as our homes are all built on a hill so we don't have impeded views from our neighbours. Everyday I am thankful for my blessings, my home, my daughters, friends, and neighbours. No- I don't think I am ready to move yet...not yet.


4 comments:

  1. My love, your home has given all who have been there memories to out last this good old earth. I remember the laughs, tears and such such joy through all the times you have opened your door to all with that smile of welcome on your lovely face, and so happy to see us. Don't give up the house just yet, we are not finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Mom!! I am so glad you have enjoyed my home as much as I have. I sure do love having the whole family home for holidays etc. AND I am glad you are coming for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    You have a beautiful home! How nice of you to offer it up for our Eddie cohort retreat :-D
    Just kidding ...but if you DO want to have it at your house.....!!!!
    Cheers,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL-that would be a lot of fun Monica!

    ReplyDelete