Friday 8 July 2011

First Week Complete


It has been an amazing first week. I have mastered the transit system (well at least in my small area), kept up to the masssive amounts of reading for our EdD class, and met the most wonderful people in my cohort. I wasn't able to post yesterday-although I did manage to upload our cohort picture. We have an assignemt due Sunday evening and I had to concentrate my time on writing the draft-which I completed at 1:30 in the morning and still had the readings to do before class. Yup-the life of a student is crazy! I will spend the weekend polishing my paper and catching up on reading that I had to skim.

We had an interesting discussion in class today about our experience with writing. We each took turns sharing what we have written and published etc. We had an opportunity to state our strengths and weakness and fears. I was amazed at all the experience in our group and the open and honest expressions of anxiety around writing. I thought I was the only one who was nervous -turns out most of us have the same insecurity and fears about writing scholarly papers. So- with this knowledge I feel even closer to my new friends and know that we will support each other through thick and thin! Here's to a long and wonderful relationship!!

I took bus to Yaletown today to meet my daughter for dinner. We had sushi and were able to catch up as I have been too busy to visit with her this week. Tomorrow we are going for massages and manicures. Yippee!!! What a nice way to celebrate a successful week.

I am posting a picture of my girls, grandbaby and my mom. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I hope it is restful and you enjoy family and good friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy.... yes, it was a long, intense week, but the people in the group have made it a wonderful experience. You have a lovely family -- you should be very proud. I will try to respond to some of your blogs whenever I can; I just wanted to get something up here to let you know that I am interested in participating in this worthwhile experience. Thanks for sharing!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeannie-I was feeling a bit lonely here in cyberspace. Nice to hear from you. Have a great weekend-you earned it!

    ReplyDelete